Wednesday, January 30, 2013

It's Official. Job Over in T-28 Days.

It's official.

I gave notice to my bosses today.  I thought that would be the best part about today, but my friends' support made me smile more.  


One of my best friends from law school changed his GChat status to:

Mentor grinds out for five years at a firm.  Mentor makes bank. Mentor saves and scrimps and buys her way out of debt.  Mentor gets debt free.  Mentor gets hammered on Tuesday night, quits on Wednesday and then bikes the length of the Americas.  My mentor > your mentor.
While we didn't get hammered, it's just about right.  I thought it appropriate that we ended up going to the opening night of the Banff Film Festival at the National Geographic, which features awe-inspiring adventure films about the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes (thankyouverymuchstevejobsforthequote).  They bring to life the extremes of climbing, mountain expeditions, remote cultures, and the world 's last great wild places (thankyouverymuchbanfffilmfestwebsiteforthequote).

Another good friend sent me my theme song for the day... and then suggested I go in packing heat, as in, be on fire, blaze of glory.




Not so much a blaze of glory, but I'm leaving on a high note.  

I had a lovely review, got a lovely raise, and somehow managed to make my hours for the first time so I got a lovely, if surprising, bonus.  Did I say I could travel for 4-5 years?  Add on a year or so to that number... or maybe just a little cushion so I can start my mountain biking hostel in Bolivia...

No comments:

Post a Comment