Saturday, January 5, 2013

Time Passes... Happy New Year!

It's hard to believe how fast time flies.  Is it really less than two months until I ride off into the sunset?  Just twenty-six days until I give notice?

I had a conversation with one of the senior attorneys at my office a couple days ago.  He's the only "power-that-be" who knows I'm quitting because we have a good working relationship and I couldn't lie to him when he specifically asked me how I saw my future at my law firm.  It went something like this:
"So, I just wanted to let you know that I'm giving notice on February 1st with my last day being February 28th 
"Oh, so soon." 
"Yea." 
"I don't suppose you'd consider staying on as a highly paid contract attorney working remotely until the end of this project?" 
"Um... no.  That kinda defeats the purpose of quitting." 
"You're basically the only one I want doing work for me." 
"Yea, sorry.  No.  You do realize that I had originally planned on giving notice yesterday and that me staying through February is already a concession I've made for the team, right?" 
"Oh.  That sucks."
Anyway, in other news, I tested the Troll out over the holidays on snow and ice in Riverton, West Virginia.

Ain't she sexy?  In sleek snow riding mode.

We stayed at a huge house tucked away in the mountains just a hop and skip away from all the glorious mountain bike trails and climbing to be had at Seneca Rocks and Franklin.  Of course, we ended up basically getting snowed in... but that was just fine by me.  The house was gorgeous with a true chef's kitchen, a cozy fireplace, huge plush couches, and a ton trails to explore on the property itself. 

Going down is easy... its getting back up that's hard...

No comments:

Post a Comment