Saturday, June 29, 2013

Days 77 Through 79: Durango Part I

Durango has been a whirlwind of Gonzalo's family... there are about 16 of us all staying in his cousin Victor's house in the Durango suburbs.  The days have been filled with huge family meals, from tacos duranguenses to seafood feasts.  I ventured out with Gonzalo's cousins and all their kids to the Durango state fair while Gonzalo took advantage of the empty house to nap and get some work done.  It was a surreal experience because the Durango state fair looked almost exactly like a county fair in the United States, only a bit bigger with much better food.

Gonzalo's aunt, cousin, and a few of the gals wait for the rest of the "kids" to play in the big floaty balls.

Emiliano clearly enjoys his plastic home.

Victor getting his floaty ball filled.

Ready to go!

Trying to run in the ball is not as easy as it looks.

Second attempt to run in the ball also ended in much laughter.

Paulina comes in after her fun on the lake.

My turn!

Trying my hand at running in the ball... this is a lot harder than it looks.... but check out dem leg muscles!

Nope!

Victor and I roll along the water.

My big success... I can stand on the water at least.

The petting zoo... what a funny looking animal!

Emiliano has a new friend!  Emiliano thinks I'm pretty awesome because I was teaching him some Japanese ... he's pretty awesome because he was practicing his English with me.

Sofi clearly loves her elote.

All the kiddos and their corn on a stick.

Paulina in her lil car.

I think Victor is having more fun in the bumper cars than all the kids!

Emiliano just smashed into Victor!

I'm not quite sure Paulina can see from under her hat...

Awwww.

Uncle Victor crashes into all his nieces and nephews.

The big kids go for a ride!

We tried to watch this cowboy show, but high winds and rain chased us to the cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment